August 6, 2012

Sweatbox Wrap Up

Something I thought I would never do in this lifetime: sing on a record.  I have often daydreamed that I might be blessed with a killer singing voice in my next life.  In this life, however, let's just say that I sound really amazing, when I'm all alone.  But, a few days ago, I had the honor of singing alongside (and a self-consious step back so I wouldn't be too loud) the vocal virtuosity of Colin, Tammy and John; and I have to say, it rocked.  Our back up chorus was one of the eleventh hour additions to Archive War's debut album, a project that has been long in the making and much anticipated by its makers and friends alike.  Mike Vasquez of Sweatbox is the wizard behind the curtain twisting and turning knobs on Mason's songs until it all sounds just right.  And, it's almost all just right now.  Oh, the tweaking!    


Gang vocal guest stars.


Our lines.


The process of mixing (sound, that is) feels like a Richter painting.  All a blur.


No comments:

Post a Comment