May 8, 2012

Full Moon Fever


Yes, it was old school week around here.  I haven't been to an arena show in years.  Never been to the super drum.  And now, here I am, twice in one week.  Arena shows are what I grew up on.  It's what you do when you grow up in a small farming town in Iowa, and the closest metropolis (if one could call it that) is Omaha.  And, it's the late 80s.  So, as you might imagine, I saw my fair share of big hair and cock rock.  However, a constant beacon of sweet badness beamed through all of that hairspray and cocaine, and that bright light was Tom Petty.  And the Heartbreakers, of course.  And, I still love them.

Saturday night's show was like a campfire sing-along, and I was surprised I still knew all of the words to the classics.  Thanks to endless hours driving around on country roads, and thanks to my high school boyfriend, no doubt, who was a huge Petty fan.  Those lyrics will probably continue to bounce around in my head for days...  

You're so bad, Tom Petty.  In a world gone mad, you're so bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment