July 27, 2011

Love Forever



Thirteen summers ago Mason and I went on our version of the epic American road trip.  Early June through early October, jumping off in Texas, out West, back East, Midwest, not least.  It didn’t even seem like a crazy idea to us, although it did to most of our friends and family.  We just felt it was something we had to do.  Damn, to be in your twenties!

I count it as a very important part of my art education, as we visited all the museums and galleries across the country that I had only read about or seen in magazines.  One of the shows we saw that summer that changed my life as an artist was Yayoi Kusama’s retrospective, Love Forever, at MOMA.  First time there.  Never heard of her.  I was forever hooked. 

Do you remember a show that changed your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment